« Home | Catalyst » | Worship Central Oct 06 » | Save the College Students » | Things I Love about Home Offices » | Community Fair this Weekend » | Born Again Baldwin » | favorite things about meeting in an elementary sch... » | I'm Goin to Catalyst! » | survivor on itunes! » | Good Monsters Review »

Catalyst Update - Day 1 Morning Sessions

So far the conference this year has been great. It has been good for Ben and I to be able to talk and process as we go. It has definitely added to my digestion of the material.

Andy Stanley, ever the amazing communicator, started things off with a great message from Daniel 4 &5. His big idea:

"the Most High is sovereign over the kingdoms of men and gives them to anyone He wishes."

He said that really believing and living this truth should make leaders:
  1. Diligent
  2. Fearless
  3. Humble

Good stuff...really challenging and really helpful for me.

Marcus Buckingham spoke during the second session. This was my experience with him, and I was really challenged. He spoke about playing to your strengths. I think I am still digesting all he had to say...but will definitely be reading his book very soon.

That's all for now! Thanks to ben for the pic.