« Home | my new favorite distraction » | an inconvenient truth » | Saturday Task » | leading people » | going commercial » | Worst Music Video EVER » | Just Finished... » | set list 07.09.06 » | just like being there...well not quite... » | pd worship day #3 »

just finished...

...this book: Manifest Presence by Jack Hayford.

I have been a longtime fan of Jack Hayford. His ability to communicate the bible is simply amazing and his clear pastoral heart bleeds through every book that he writes. I'm so often struck by the influence that God has given him in the area of pastoral leadership and worship that truly crosses theological and denominational boundaries. He is truly a pastor's pastor. I find it so helpful to read the thoughts of a truly seasoned leader...

This book was typical Hayford...some of it sounded much some of his other books, but the last two chapters were really great. The last chapter especially captivated me. He spoke of worship as a unifying thing within the church...and the necessity of that happening. He cast vision for that...and what it will be like when that is ultimately the case before the throne of God. I think it struck me because so often "worship" is the polarizing thing in the church as a whole. We are all so different in the way we worship...but there is no greater unifier than the One that we worship....good stuff.