« Home | Birthays and Bell » | step up to the microphone.... » | just finished... » | my new favorite distraction » | an inconvenient truth » | Saturday Task » | leading people » | going commercial » | Worst Music Video EVER » | Just Finished... »

frustration


Today we had a conversation in our staff meeting that I hope we will have continually no matter how large God grows our church. We spoke of a dissatisfaction with our current effectiveness at reaching people. There are some great things happening in History, but there are some barriers that we are so anxious to push through.

As I reflect on that conversation, I think about how many times I have been in communities that didn't have this passion...where telling folks about the saving work of Jesus Christ was an after thought. I'm so thankful for this community and for our pastor and for the ways that I am continually challenged to think of the gospel and its proclamation as part of my identity as a follower of Christ.

For what its worth...as a worship leader, I have a firm conviction that this kind of passion is found first in a life that is steeped in worship...the more you worship...the more you get to know God...the more you catch his heart...the more you realize that you must speak it out.

Matt, I guess frustation can be a good thing. I think our God always wants us to be at our whits ends on how best to reach the lost. When we think we've figured it out all of the sudden we're not dependent on the Holy Spirit anymore. There is no method for converting the valley of dry bones, it simply reminds us to say, "Lord you know how to make dry bones live."
btw, its been fun to track the growth of history from afar

Post a Comment