« Home | A Good Friday Song » | "God" in Spanish » | More Love, More Power » | Fatherhood » | the cure for a busy schedule » | Happenings » | New Gig Bag (box) » | Thursday Trip » | Iraq on America » | Ebenezer's Coffee House »

Easter Thoughts

Wow...this has been quite the week and weekend. Yes I realize that it is Wednesday night...last weekend is well past.

Right after our Easter service we headed to Va Beach to spend some time with my parents. It was a great time of lots of food and lots of just doing nothing.

Some reflections from Easter at History:

1. It was Awesome!!!!

2. Great attendance, but I was bummed some of my neighbors didn't come...we are developing such good friendships with them, and I so desire that they could see first hand what we do, and most importantly hear about Jesus in the context of that community. I am praying that they see Christ in me...in the way that we love them...

3. Five people put their trust in Jesuss...the best part of all!

4. We used a third center video screen...way cool...it will be tough to go back to just two. It was a ton of work, but our team handled it amazingly and it really added a lot to the feel of the worship set.

5. It was definitely a bit more of a rock n' roll Easter worship set than I have done before, but it was great...

6. My worship team rocks...

7. Had a really good setup time on Saturday night...saw some new sides of Ben (can you say "Ice, Ice, Baby?")



8. Was reminded of some important things:
It was really easy for me to get distracted by the music and the new media elements that we included in this service. My stress level leapt up during the days prior to Easter. It was hard for me to even sit still...thinking of all of the details involved in morning. But over and over I was reminded that the music, eloquent delivery, and great uses of technology are all for not without the power of God sweeping through that place and changing peoples hearts. The Lord has been reminding me lately of what Paul says in I Corinthians 4:20:
For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power.
We definitely must be relevant to our culture and communicate in ways that make sense to them...this was the way of Jesus...but Jesus also relied on the power of Holy Spirit and partnership in His Father's mission as He ministered...

All that said...I think God showed up at History this weekend...God changed lives...and we got to be a part of that...that rocks!

you did NOT just post that. =) it's on...

:-)

Post a Comment