« Home | photos from our leadership team dinner » | my favorite question... » | tekekahkweuhsés » | blue like jazz? » | Hope's rendition of "Jesus Loves Me" :-) Powered... » | Drawing Near » | when my church died... » | now that's a birthday present! » | Worship Leader Q&A » | a picture is worth a thousand words... »

thank you

God blew my socks off again this weekend! Very unexpectedly someone anonymously gave our family a couple of hundred dollars....just to bless us. This isn't the first time that God has used people to bless us in very timely ways, but it never ceases to amaze me.

We were very intentional about how we opened the envelope when we got home. My daughter Hope is just getting old enough now to comprehend things, and I want her to learn at an early age that God is able to provide more than we could ask or imagine. We all sat together and opened the envelope, and I told Hope that God had given us a special gift of money for the things we needed. We then spent a moment praying toghether to thank God for His provision.

I was thinking just the other day before all of this happened that when we are in ministry and trusting God for our resources, this is a very rich place to be. I have to laugh sometimes at the amazing ways God has blessed us...but it's easy to get my eyes off of that. The difference though is that it is a bit more out my control than I like....God likes it that way though. When we allow Him to bless...He is always happy to oblige...when we fight to control and have, rather than give...well...you know...

Thanks to whoever was willing to be used of God to bless our family. It was so timely to the practical needs we have right now...

As my friend Butch says all the time..."You can't outgive God!" I'm so inspired to be that kind of giver....