« Home | tekekahkweuhsés » | blue like jazz? » | Hope's rendition of "Jesus Loves Me" :-) Powered... » | Drawing Near » | when my church died... » | now that's a birthday present! » | Worship Leader Q&A » | a picture is worth a thousand words... » | a quote » | Small Groups Change Lives »

my favorite question...

Asking good questions is an art...one I am still working at mastering. One tool I have found really helpful is a little booklet called "Asking to Win" by Bobb Biehl. It is chock full of great questions that get underneath the surface in a variety of different settings.

My favorite that I have used over and over in different forms when meeting with people is this:

What three things could I do in the next 90 days to make a 50% difference this year?
Sometimes when focusing on a life issue or a project I'll modify it to address that situation rather than "this year."

ask great questions!


huh?

I'm with ya! I think a good question is able provide deep insight into people and who they are -- it helps get past the fluff of superficiality. I certainly would love to be able to master the "art" of asking good questions. I'll have to check out the Biehl book.

Hey Matt,

I was bored at work, so I was searching some old people from Mary Wash (MWC or UMW, whatever the hell it is called now) and found your blog. Boy, has a lot changed since I saw all of you! Congrats on the wife and kids. And do I have this correct, is Heath your brother-in-law? Things are great with me, I am doing my postdoctoral training, and am a part-time professor. It was nice to see your family pictures.

Margot

Hey Margot!!

Great to hear from you. I recently have gotten to know Chris Joyner. Aren't you guys related? :-)

Email me when you get a chance. matt@historychurch.org

Lot to catch you up on! I'm so glad things are going well for you. Hope to hear from you soon!

-matt

Post a Comment