« Home | Iraq » | Seeing Results Already » | Sometimes my face does crazy things... Powered by ... » | Checkin' in from Catalyst » | Graphics » | Story Telling » | no more spam » | Measures of Success » | It's Raining....Musicians » | Mentors »

Informationful?

I walked into our local Christian bookstore the other day to purchase the new Crowder CD (incredible, by the way!) and as I was looking at the new release shelf I realized that I was behind in procuring the latest and the greatest...there were at least three other cd's that I had to have...

Then I walked over to the book section...don't really need to say much about that other than its just a game you can't win! I thought about the stack that I have at home, and then just stared at the nuggets of information just sitting there waiting for me to unlock, so that I can be a better person, pastor, leader, Christian...

Ok, it was a bit overwhelming...do you ever feel like you can't keep up with the constant and overwhelming flow of information? We really are in the information age. I think the challenge in that is not to see it as a race, but a journey. Not a competition, but a privilege. And then...here's the kicker for me...we need to not just be informationful...but rather thoughtful. Sometimes I find myself worrying about getting enough read, practice or listened to, that I am going to fast to stop...think...and most important...to listen to the creator of all that stuff.

So I am working on being thoughtful...