« Home | things i find beautiful... » | More spelling fun » | On my way home » | Another interesting spelling choice » | Finding Words » | Prayer Request » | Do you worship Yahoo » | Thoughts on Jeremiah... » | Pulpit Masters TV Show » | Whimsy... »

walking slow

My life has been a bit nuts lately, hence the lack of blogging. As I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off, I keep thinking of a couple I see on Sunday mornings as I pull up to the school to set up for church.

They are an elderly Aisian couple...Chinese I think. As I pull up I am usually in rush, even though I am early and often the first one there, I feel a panick to get things going. Then I see this couple...walking...really slow....really SLOW. They are the slowest walkers I have ever seen. They are the antithesis of being in a hurry.

One morning the Lord really nudged my heart as I watched them. There was such a contrast between myself and them. I don't know if they are even Christians, but I was filled with stress and hurriedness, and they were filled with peace, and I was coming to worship...something didn't fit.

"Be still and know that I am God" I think that is one of the most difficult and one of the most important passages in Scripture, especially for those of us challenged and blessed to be in ministry. I need to learn to walk slow...really slow.