« Home

More Rob Bell Talk

As a newbie to the blogging world, I reckon the best place to start is to hop on board with the hot topic. I just talked with a friend of mine who has been a huge Rob Bell fan. He had a conversation with one of his seminary profs. who had emailed back and forth with Rob about some of his interpretive source material. To make a long story short, it turned out to be not very flattering for Rob Bell. My friend was so disappointed.

Its interesting that if you look back at the major shifts in the church there were always those who pushed the edge, in an attempt to pioneer new ground. Luther, after understanding grace was said to be given to excess in many ways. There were many extremes that emerged in the Jesus Movement of the 70's. It will be interesting to see how our children will critique this era of Christianity. My prayer is that through all the mess...Christ will be found central.


Matt, I'm so glad you're blogging. Thanks for opening up this part of your world to us...

Matt, I'm excited to see you in the world of the blog. You're a very bright man with a lot to offer the rest of us. I'm looking forward to reading.

Post a Comment