« Home | Prayer Request » | Do you worship Yahoo » | Thoughts on Jeremiah... » | Pulpit Masters TV Show » | Whimsy... » | A Day at the Zoo » | Gorilla says "make sure to take a day off!" » | Picture of my buddy stu...I'm sitting on a similar... » | Back » | Transition Coaches »

Finding Words

I was listening to NPR (I am a die hard NPR junky...think what you may!)a couple of weeks ago and heard and interview with a songwriter. He made the comment that on his last album he started blogging. He found it to be a tremendous help when he found himself stuck lyrically. The discipline of simply creating sentences and coherent thoughts exercised his creativity in such a way that lyrics flowed much easier.

I need exercise...

I have such a passion for local churches creating new songs that reflect what God is doing in that local community. Over and over you hear the psalmists saying "sing to the Lord a new song." I'm hungry for a new song.